| 0 comments ]

Today, when I passed the two hour mark on my run, I was high with energy. I made it! I thought...and then I started thinking about running further. You see, whenever I pass a goal I have set for myself, I always want to push myself just a little further. What this means, is that I went for another two miles.

Although the psychology behind this is good - that if you aren't forcing yourself to finish you will overcome your expectations - biology wasn't on my side this time. I was just darn tired, and another two miles was pushing me a lot further than I had anticipated.

What was the result?

By the time I did finish those extra two miles - at a pace anyone should be ashamed of - I was angry and exhausted. The moral of this story is to stop while you're ahead (within reason, of course).


Get more tips every day!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin